Carbon sequestration in agricultural soils in La Réunion. Evaluation, spatial modelling and potential for climate change mitigation
C@run sets out to determine greenhouse gas balances and carbon stocks in agricultural soils in La Réunion.
- Analysis of the database of soils in different cropping systems in La Réunion (42,000 samples from 1993 to the present day) and quantification of the determinants of carbon content of soil in agricultural systems in La Réunion ;
- Evaluation of soil carbon stocks in agricultural soils in La Réunion ;
- Calculation of GHG emission factors of the main agricultural systems in La Réunion ;
- Comparison/choice of carbon balance models to predict carbon dynamics ;
- Simulator for mapping soil carbon stocks and GHG balance for different agricultural practices.
Project website: http://carun.re
2015 - 2018
- Cirad (UPR Aida)
- Terreos Océan Indien
ADEME Programme Reacctif
Alain Albrecht, Eco&Sols, IRD Montpellier